NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:53:16 -0500
I, for one, am really getting tired of this thread of discussion.  Not
the occasional dairy-related information, but invective and
pseudo-psychology involved.

Susan Gallant wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Do we need guidelines for citing on this list? Can we at least be very clear
> when we are citing alternative "medicine" practitioners rather than
> traditional allopathic medicine?

No, I don't think we need guidelines for citing.  Anyone should be able
to post anything (other standards not withstanding - like pornographic
and/or hate material) as citations.  It's up to the consuming public to
decide if there is any merit in it -- for them, if not for the whole
community.

My hackles go up personally when any site that purports to be trying to
help you with a physiological problem requires "a firm faith in the
Devine Healer".  So, that's the point I stopped reading.  That's my choice.

My real gripe is the pronouncements that any one person absolutely knows
what is good and not good, based on their own personal research and
experience, and seems to denigrate the knowledge and experiences of
others - with statements like "you obviously haven't done any research .
. ."   And it is especially bothersome when there are not even any
citations to allow the rest of the public to read, evaluate, and discuss.

The personal slams -- in all directions -- that have been going on are
getting oppressive.

   "Let me guess. You must work in the medical field somewhere, right?
That would explain your biast opinions. Are you always angry with people
who offer knowledge they have to offer to help others? It seems that a
lot of your responses are based on emotion and rants and raves just
because you don't like what you read. Behind anger is fear and you
bellow with a lot of heavy anger in your emails. What are you afraid of?
WHay be angry with me for wanting to share something that could help
someone else? I think your responses go a lot deeper than just "not
buying" what I have to say.  I think you're trying to bully me into
laying low and keeping my mouth shut and it isn't going to happen so you
may as well just get used to me being here and get over it. Grow up! "

Please, keep the psycho-nonsense out of this discussion.  Sue, I'd say
your responses have some interesting aspects to them as well; but this
is not the place for that discussion.

BTW -Medical people and scientists are not biased, necessarily; but they
do want more than just "someone's" word for things.