NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MATTHEW WINTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:13:51 -0400
I am still a little confused.  Which one is okay to eat--caesin or
caesinate??  Or both??  This stuff is so hard to keep up with.

By the way, I talked to my biochemistry teacher yesterday and he said that
if you are just lactose intolerant you should be able to eat stuff with
steroyl lactate, caesin, milk fat, and lactic acid.  Butter shouldn't be
terribly bad unless some lactose got stuck when separating the fat part of
butter from the other part.  Something like that--I was a little confused.
He also said yogurt is safe and buttermilk should be but he wasn't entirely
sure about buttermilk.

Thank you

Matthew Winter