NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Balbirnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:50:35 -0500
I joined this site years ago because my boys have a life threatening allergy to milk.  It was my believe that this list is for people with dairy allergies or intolerances.  All this back and forth about whether we should drink milk at all is giving me a headache not to mention you clogging up my email.  There will always be people who believe that milk is bad for you, whether it be for health reasons or otherwise and likewise for many foods.  There will also always be disagreed even among the medical community on the benefits or negative affects of cow milk on our bodies.  My husband is a type 1 diabetic and the current thinking IS a milk allergy causes there auto immune problem.  Next year maybe they'll change their mind.  My sister is a scientist and she will tell you SCIENCE IS NOT an exact.  Theories will always come and go and we learn new things.  So please everyone who is having this dumb argument over who is right or wrong please stop.  I am not finding any of these posts useful in anyway except for he said, she said crap.
Thanks
Beth (mildly allergic as a child who does drink milk w/eczema being the only reaction periodically)