NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:56:44 EST
alex,   honestly dont be cheeky

i did think  about what you said. first of all i dont think your view  is
unpopular on a nondairy forum. I dont know anyone who WANTS to give up pizza.
i think we all agree that some people have adapted to consuming milk.   some
people can 'trick' their bodies into not being so allergic to milk. some
people can take lactaid and dairy wont be so hard to digest. some people can
drink it and nothing happens....right away. think sweden.

humans have consumed dairy products long before the  dairy people told us we
needed it thats true i guess.  but we  didnt consume so much because cows just
didnt produce that much.  and we  consumed dairy products from a survival
standpoint.
but then again humans have consumed other humans from a survival  standpoint.
human meat IS digestible.   human blood is  digestible. marajuana is
certainly digestible...
so the fact that from an evolutionary standpoint we have ingested  milk and
very few of us still CAN ingest milk doesnt answer why we go  through great
lengths to do so even though we simply dont need cows milk, or  goats milk, or
llama milk, or elephant milk.  and it's very bad for just  about everyone. .
 it's interesting you mentioned the dairy lobby..as i had not even  though of
that. i was wondering what ingredients in milk make us crave it so..

but you are right..the dairy lobby is probably the only reason the orginal
poster thinks that she has to find some type of milk to  drink.