NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E.J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:37:55 EST
>>We have a policy where  I
>>or my husband check the burger for cheese before my son gets it.

This approach worked well for us for years until last August when there was
enough milk protein from handling cheese on the gloves to transfer the
protein to my son's food.  Just letting you know.

I also wash the grocery store conveyor belt and have the cashier wash the
other end of the register area before I put my groceries up to be checked
out.  In the winter isn't too bad but you would be amazed at the amount of
milk and melted ice cream on those belts in the summer.  The cashiers know me
now and its not a problem.  We have not experienced a reaction from foods
exposed to milk proteins this way, but we know of another family where it
happened and that is when I started cleaning the belt.

E.J.