NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:47:31 -0800
Nut allergies are caused for different reasons. For one thing we consume too many at a time. Nuts grow in shells and it is an effort to open. Before nuts were processed in factories people obnly ate a handful or a little more at a time because it was such an effort to get to them. Now that they are processed in factories so we can eat such great abundances at a time it is now the what we call"Too much of a good thing is bad". syndrome. Our bodies just weren't designed to have so many at once. Children are also given peanut butter before they're two, which can very likely lead to allergy problems for them later. We won't give a peanut to a two year-old because we know they'll chole on it, but peanut butter is acceptaboe because it's broken down. They are also getting it in greater consumption that way which is even worse. KNowing peanut butter is in a lot of processed foods as well doesn't help. Peanuts are actually part of the bean family, which most people don't know. Aren't a lot
 of toddlers prone to upset tummies if they are fed beans? There may be a few who don't, but most of the time it does give a small child a tummy ache.
     Environmental issues are also a factor, because with all the problems with our environment that we see today it is also affecting our imune systems. Therefore bacterias and other things that normally wouldn't be a problem for us are now threatening us, including in certain foods. Times have changed because the environment has changed and so have our imune systems. That's all the more reason to study for ourselves how to eat healthy to strengthen our imune systems as much as possible and stay away from anything that would weaken it.
     Milk has its own issues because the fat cells in it are for helping a baby calf to grow rapidly in bulk and bigness. The fat cells mutate, whereas the fat cells in human milk expand and contract. That's why formula fed babies or infants given whole milk are more ikely to grow up having obesity problems. EVen in the 1800s when a baby would have a reaction from cow milk the doctor would usually tell people to try goat's milk if no one was available to nurse the infant. They knew most babies couldn't handle cow's milk very well. WHile goat's milk may still not be the greatest, it still doesn't have the fat and other issues that come with cow milk.
     I don't know what everyone's religious views are and i don't want to make that an issue, but i'm sure there are at least a few of you on this talk list who are Jewish. In Leviticus it lists all the health laws and among them it states that we should stay away from the blood and fat of the animal because the diseases are in those substances. Milk is loaded with animal fat. Note it said the fat of the animal, not the fat in human mother's milk. It has even been discovered that cancer paracites hide in our fat cells and that's why overweight people run a higher risk of developing cancer.
     WHile i know it's hard for some people to see everyone else eat dairy in front of them, and I do relate when it comes to restaurants and sometimes family. in the long run we will be a lot healthier for it. Sue

Yahoo! Photos