NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Pellerin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:32:35 -0400
Yes, those baby formulas for sensitive babies, etc. are often with the milk
proteins broken down, unless you choose a soy alternative.

I had always believed that my son had a milk protein allergy but duly
avoided all milk, including lactose, just to be safe. This summer he had a
reaction to steak "seasoned" with lactose (no label available at the sample
location and I should have known better), and the reaction was swift but
only hives, thank god.  So, at this point, my kid is allergic to all that
comes from the cow's udder, protein or sugar.

As for outgrowing, he sure is hoping he does!