NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:01:44 -0500
Hello people,

My daughter is allergic to dairy, raw eggs and tree nuts.

Although she used to react on touch, it was usually in the form of hives or some swelling, nothing life threatening (the epipen is still unused).

The situation however seems to improving.

While the reaction to nuts is as strong is ever (the allergist suggests that it's for life), she recently tested negative to milk and to eggs on both a skin-prick test and a blood test.

The allergist currently suggests a set of two challenges, one week apart, involving ingestion of 30ml (1 US fluid ounce) of milk and a similar set for raw egg (yuck).  If no reaction is observed he would pronounce her allergy free for the tested substances.

Before we proceed, we would like to hear the opinions and suggestions of other people who were in a similar situation.

Best wishes,
Alex.