NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:59:46 -0700
Please note that we are asking consumers to return certain pre-packaged
Cheddar TofuRella 8 oz. with the expiration dates of 5/5/99 and 5/26/99. In
printing those labels the line 'caseinate (milk protein)' was inadvertently
left off. If you are allergic to milk products, or a Vegan, please do not
eat the product and instead return it to the store for a full refund. Or
contact us for a refund per the process printed on the package (another
Rella Good exclusive: we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on every
package). If you have any questions email me directly at
<[log in to unmask]> or call us at 1-800-NJOY NOW (1-800-656-9669).
Notwithstanding the label error, the product is fit to eat.

Consumers should be aware that TofuRella does in fact contain caseinate, a
milk protein. For 12 years it always has, and we were the first and for a
long time the only company to add the 'milk protein' explanation. TofuRella
has NEVER even once been labeled as 'Non-Dairy.'

This problem was due to an error in the label proofing process and affected
about 2,900 cases. Again, it ONLY pertains to Cheddar TofuRella in
pre-packaged 8 oz. chunks and only with the pull-dates of 5/5/98 or
5/26/98. This is a voluntary action taken because we care about our
customers and believe in corporate responsibility.

All of us at Rella are deeply sorry. We always strive to provide our
customers with the highest-quality conscious foods, made with integrity. As
a 19-year Vegan myself, I know all too well the frustration of mistakenly
eating non-Vegan foods. All Rellas contain caseinate, EXCEPT VeganRella
which is, always has been, 100% non-dairy.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or problems this might have
caused. I assure you we will do everything in our power to make sure that
it never happens again.

Again, if anyone has a question please email me privately at

Richard Rose, Le Grand Fromage of 'Rella Good Cheese Company'
(formerly Sharon's Finest). [log in to unmask], www.rella.com.
Since 1986 makers of TofuRella, TofuRella Slices, RiceRella,
RiceRella Slices, AlmondRella, HempRella and the new and improved
VeganRella in Cheddar and Mozzarella flavors. Look for it soon!