NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:41:05 -0400
Alan -- Why is the potential problem diagnosis limited to LI? I would think some kind of dairy allergy would more likely be the culprit rather than simple LI. However, I am not personally aware of what the complete list of symptoms is for dairy allergies and seizures may not be typical. Certainly some medical doctor must have ideas as to source of seizures and any I have heard of have nothing to do with allergies, e.g. epilepsy. I would query the source about why LI. It doesn't seem to fit the problem. I know what LI does and it isn't pleasant but it is related to the digestive process and not a neurological process.

Don

    "Can lactose intolerance cause seizures in a 6 month old baby? They started
    at 8 weeks and no cause can be found other than the first test done for
    lactose showed a possible problem."