NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:53:13 -0800

Interstingly, when we needed to have a modification in the snacks for
our children at school, all it took was a well-written note to the
school officials, and it was a done deal. Once they understood the
rationale, they were more than willing to co-operate. However, they
would not order in special foods or drinks - we needed to supply them if
they were to be consumed.
  If your child's school was willing to work with you then that's a blessing. for a lot of people that hasen't been the case. From the sound of things it depends on the school system you're dealing with.
I did one quick search on Google for "infant formula" and found a number
of sites about non-milk based formulas - including some that purport to
have additives to simulate breast-milk.
  Sure, if you don't mind that it's still at least 200 hundred ingrediants short of the real thing. (mother's milk) Soy formula also has a lot of its own problems, but that's a whole different issue in itself.
  Sue