NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:55:07 -0500
> The worst medical problem I ever had, in
> fact, was from using a drug that was "proven safe" by medical science and
> yet
> turned out to injure me so badly it took me 2 years to heal.

As you well know, drugs are never "proven safe" -- just "safe enough" that
the benefits outweigh the risks for "most people".  I'm very careful about
taking medications too.  However I am on a chronic medication for one
problem that as a side effect seems to have cured my migraines. :D  It's
nice when we can get something good as a side-effect (of anything).  I'm
sorry to hear you had such a horrendous side effect from something!

I think you and I are really on the same page.  There seem to be others on
this list who want to generalize their experiences to all of humanity.

> What I DID discover, though, was a whole universe
> of people on the internet who not only had all my same issues with dairy,
> but
> who also couldn't get any doctor to pay attention to them.

I think that this is when it starts looking like "it must be a problem for
everyone if it's a problem for all of us" to some people.  Things seem
perhaps more widespread than they really are when you can get people from
all over the world with the same unusual experience together in the same
(virtual) room.

Anyhow, at this point I am (to most people's delight, I'm sure) stopping
arguing about this.  I don't like to see overgeneralizations thrown about
unchallenged, but, having challenged them, I'm now dropping it.

Sorry to all whom I've offended or bored.

--Robyn