NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:18:31 -0800
When our older daughter had just turned two she had a chest cold. We went somewhere for a pot luck meal. To my shock there was dairy ice cream there. Since everyone there was supposed to be vegetarian I wasn't expecting this. SOmeone, out of kindness and not meanng harm i'm sure, gave a bowl to our daughter. When we left, her cough was three times worse. By that evening she was wheezing and aspirating and i had to rush her to the hospital. They gave her a breathing treatment, did x rays and then did another breathing treatment. The x rays showed signs of asthma, which I suspected she had when she was a few months-old but her pediatrition was too narrow minded to listen when i told him so. Now our younger daughter has shown similar symptoms when she's consumed dairy and I also wheeze and cough if i consume dairy. on rare occasions I've eaten it at someone's house just out of respect so I won't hurt their feelings, but if there is enough variety of foods then i will just eat my way
 around it.
  Sue