NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E.J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:25:44 EST
>>>The 504 must be filled out by the physician as well.

In our school the Dr writes a letter for the school to have a file.  A new
one every year.  And fills out a form for each med, how much, and when to use
it.  Each year.  For us, the 504 is what the teacher, principle, myself and
the school nurse outline that needs to be done........each year.  The 504 is
the PLAN part of the IEP.  This is when I get to see just how much the new
teacher 'gets it,' if he/she doesn't then a new teacher is chosen.

I actually appreciate doing this every year.  It gives me an opportunity to
remind the staff of my child's needs.  We all know there is a spectrum of how
severe food allergies can be.  There are kids at the school with severe food
allergies that do not have EPI pens and the school can't force the parents to
provide them.  This can be confusing for the staff.  One kids parents say,
don't worry about it if he gets sick, just call me and then for my son, I
know just how quickly he cannot breath after accidental ingestion.

E.J.