NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:41:03 -0700
At 05:15 PM 12/08/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm just finding out that my 22 mo. old son is allergic to malt (in
>addition to milk and nuts). Does anyone know if this would include
>maltodextrin? I'm looking for stick or tub margarine that excludes milk and
>malt.

Hi there,

 I am not sure if that includes Maltodextrin but I can tell you about an
excellent Margarine I have found. My son is 2&1/2 and is severely
anaphylactic to milk, eggs,peanuts,beef and chicken and it took me a long
time to find a margarine that tastes like margarine but doesnt contain ANY
form of dairy.
 Finally I found one, its called CANOLEO. It is 100% canola margarine and
here is the list of ingred. liquid canola oil 52%, hydroginated canola oil
28%, water, sea salt, soy protein, vegetable lecithin, vitamin A palmitate,
vitamin D3, natural flavour, beta-carotene.
 This margarine is exellent tasting and our whole family uses it just as you
would butter even in baking. I live in Canada and buy it at health food
stores but I do not know where you can get it in the US. But to try to help
it is Distributed by, Spring Tree Corp., Brattleboro Vermont.
 Hope this helps.
Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita