NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:31:22 -0500
Micki Lewis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Companies stay in business by providing products that consumers will
> buy. We vote with our pocketbooks. In this case, we can also make a
> toll-free telephone call. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? Worst case scenario,
> you waste a few minutes. Best case scenario, the company makes some
> positive changes.

Calling did make a difference for PopTarts.  They changed their plan and
kept some flavors dairy-free when enough people called.

We have had supermarkets carry products we requested. The trick is to get
other people to buy them too, so they see the benefit of stocking the
product.  If they have to buy creamer by the case, and you buy one and the
rest rots on the shelf, they are going to stop carrying it.  If lots of
people want it, you'll have better luck.  If you are the only one who wants
it, you may be able to get them to special-order you a case, and then you
can freeze it.

--Robyn