NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 09:56:54 -0400
This got me curious.

I did a little (about an hour's worth) research into it.  I found lots
of information about home experiments/projects to make glue out of
casein/milk.

I found nothing on any commercial producer that indicated that they use
casein or any other milk product in their glues.

I found a few sites that supported animal rights that claimed that "many
glues contain casein (a milk derivative) and other animal products"
(this quotation is typical of what I found), but never offered any
proofs or citations or anything to back up (at least) the casein
statement.  From what I can see the claim of other animal
products/byproducts is probably valid at the commercial level, but not
the casein/milk.

Of course, I'm still not going to eat of them   . . .