NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cathy O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 14:06:32 -0800
Although we live in Canada, we are not far from the USA border.  We started
going across the border to purchase the Minute Maid calcium fortified orange
juice, which due to bureaucracy that I won't get into at this time, is not
available in Canada.

Well, here I thought I was doing my young daughter a favor by providing her
with a tasty drink that contains vital minerals and vitamins.  I was reading
the label though, and one of the calcium sources is calcium lactate, which
according the the list I found at non-dairy.org is a no-no.

So, if I could reach really well, I'd give myself a good kick in the tush!

Does anyone know if it is true that the offending proteins are still
bioavailable in calcium lactate?

IMHO, in providing what I consider to be an alternate form of breakfast
beverage, but to still have dairy in it is rather redundant.

Cathy and Amber