NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:05:22 -0600
A friend sent me this recipe.  I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how
it turns out.

--------
EASY VEGAN FUDGE
6 tbsp non-dairy Margarine
3 1/2 cup  Confectioners' Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
1/4 cup  Soy Milk
1/2 cup  Cocoa Powder
1 tsp  Vanilla Extract
1 cup  Nuts (chopped, optional)

Lightly coat a 5" x 9" loaf pan using the margarine.

Bring the soy milk and margarine to a simmer over low heat (in a double
boiler or in the microwave). Stir frequently. Add the powdered sugar,
cocoa, and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add nuts if desired. Remove from
heat.
(If using a microwave you may heat several times - if necessary - 15
seconds on high between stirring.)

Pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Chill for 1 hour then cut
into squares. Makes about 2 to 3 dozen squares