NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy/Dave Zdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:46:48 -0500
Thanks so much for the responses to my request for ideas for a whipped
topping substitute.  I was able to find some Rich Whip.  Fortunately, I
live in a large metro area, so by driving a ways and paying nearly twice as
much as usual, I got some!  Here is the recipe I use it in.  It is my milk
free (now gf) version of chocolate silk pie.

Chocolate Pie

I used to use a graham cracker crust with this because I don't like
traditional pie crust.  This time I am going to try something new.  I will
make some gf brownies and smash them into the pie pan for a crust.

1/2 cup margarine, softened and divided
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
1 cup powered sugar
3 pasturized eggs
1 carton Rich Whip

Melt 2 tbsp. of margarine with both kinds of chocolate.  Beat remaining
margarine with powered sugar until creamy.  Add melted chocolate mixture
and beat.  Add eggs, one at a time, and beat 2-3 minutes after each one.
In a separate bowl, whip the Rich Whip and fold into the chocolate mixture.
Spoon into crust and refrigerate.  Serve with additional whipped topping if
desired.

Kathy