NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Treasure Tomal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 09:02:03 -0400

<< I look ahead to the school years and wonder about birthday parties...no
 pizza...no ice cream (tho' he likes Tofutti)...about how he will feel
 different and might resent it. >>

Hi DAle,

Taylor, my son who is 3, is in preschool now...... and he goes to birthday
partys.
The school and other parents have been very supportibe of everything, and do
help so he can eat the same as other kids.   Well for his school they give me
a copy of his lunch menu.  I copy another one, and I mark off on both
calendears what he CANT have, Which is something EVERY day. But then, i bring
it in, and the school stores it, or I provide it on a daily basis.

Such as Pizza and Ice Cream which they will not store for me. But there is
pizza out there that is dairy free (gluten free too) and there is dairy free
ice cream.
And for partys  I have provided cake and cupcakes for him to bring with.  I
jus check with whoever is giving the party, so I can match the item.

Really, it is ok, and people are willing to help.

treasure
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/TayJay126/Treasure.html">Treasures Page</A>