NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:36:43 -0500
As all of you know, food allergies are an issue very close to my heart, as Tyler has several severe food allergies.  Please read this, and pass it on to as many people as you can....I hope to see many familiar faces at this very important event!!!!!!!!

This is from my LOCAL Paper....I am so proud of the town for their recognition of allergies.....please spread the word!!!!

From THE BELLEVILLE POST/NUTLEY JOURNAL 3/6/03

Library has seminar on food allergies

Between 6 and 7 million Americans suffer from true food allergies, for which there is no cure. Sally Noone, RN, will speak on Food Allergy Awareness and the issues surrounding this disease on March 18 at 7 p.m. at the Nutley Public Library, 93 Booth Drive, Nutley. Her presentation will alert the audience to the seriousness  of anaphylactic reactions caused by such common foods as milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy and wheat.  In addition, she will address the need for advocacy in the areas of food labeling, schools, emergency medical services, camps, restaurants, and airlines. An informal question-and-answer period will follow.

Noone, who is the head nurse for Dr. Hugh Sampson of Mt. Sinai Hospital, NY, is a prominent authority on food allergies and is  currently involved in research in the area of food allergies.  Parents and all interested adults, including dieticians, school staff, physicians, nurses and representatives of food and pharmaceutical industries are invited to attend this informative program.

Nurse Peg Brodowski, local resource person from the Nutley Dept. of Community Affairs Health Division, will be available to meet residents who are interested in more information.

The program is sponsored as a community service by the Nutley Dept. of Community Affairs Health Division and the Nutley Public Library. Admission is free.

**Please spread the word, and email me if you plan to attend [log in to unmask]

THANKS!!!!

Nancy
mommy to Tyler, 22 months, allergic to milk, soy, eggs, fish (and less severely to a few others)

"My son is my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise him is my greatest challenge"