NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:11:22 -0800
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:46:42 -0500 Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>My doctor has said that some of his patients use olive oil. I haven't
tried
>it. Seems a bit unsafe to me.

We use cortisone sparingly and lots of Eucerin Light cream.  The Light
version is less heavy and greasy than the original.  You have to keep the
skin moisturized daily.  We also use the Eucerin bar instead of soap.  I
only put Alyssa in the bathtub 2-3 times a week to prevent skin drying
also.  We do wash her face and hand more often :-)

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who suggested coconut oil.
It's actually hard at room temp, but melts from the heat of your skin.
She said it comes in a small tub.  She has two girls with milk allergies
and eczema and it is the best thing she's found.  It's the only thing
she's found that takes all the bumps away.  She said she doesn't like to
use it often because she's worried about clogging the pores.  I haven't
tried it yet - she's supposed to bring me some this weekend or I'll look
for it in the health food store.

Kathy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]