NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Angela Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:42:01 +0100
At 03:29 PM 10/1/98 -0400, Don Marcotte wrote:
>The ingredients for Vitamite are: water, corn syrup solids, isolated soy
>protein, maltodextrin, dipotassium sulfate, tricalcium phosphate, sugar,
>food starch-modified, sunflower oil with tacopheral (adds an insignificant
>amount of fat), natural flavor, titanium dioxide, salt, carrageenan, guar
>gum, gum arabic, calcium
>d-pantothenate, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3, riboflavin, pyridoxine
>hydrochoride, thiamin mononitrate, turmeric, and Annatto extracts and
>vitamin B12. (WOW!!).

Sorry, are you all not concerned about all this additives? I find that
as allergic myself I do not tolerate food colorings, flavours etc. too
well as they are inespecific histamine activators in general, so I try
not to give too many to my children. Isn't it better to just don't have
milk flavours and eat something else (natural) ?

Angela