ISIP-NEWS Archives

The Idaho Society for Individual Psychology Monthly Newsletter

ISIP-NEWS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 05:31:36 -0600
Hello from ISIP - the Idaho Society of Individual Psychology, The
Society is organized and operated exclusively to further educational
objectives of Adlerian psychology, and for no other purpose.
  							 TRAINING WORKSHOPS
If ISIP is somewhat new to you, please visit our website -
www.adleridaho.com.  Details of the workshops indicated below, and of
the ISIP organization, are in our website, which provides for online
registration as well as mail in registration information.

THE Boise - October 6 & 7 - Adlerian Psychotherapy was attended by 43
registrants.  Evaluations of Steven Maybell's presentation were
outstanding, as usual.  His next stop will be Lewiston, next week and
then on to Pocatello in November.

				Still room for registrations in Lewiston and Pocatello

  Lewiston - October 20 & 21 - Adlerian Personality Development and
Family Functioning - NBCC, NASW, and Child Care Network.  Twenty-nine
folks have already registered.  Please visit our website for more
information.

  Pocatello - November 3 & 4 - Adlerian Couple and Family Therapy -
NBCC, NASW, and Child Care Network.
	These workshops are one of three in a Series leading to a
Certification in Professional Studies of Adlerian Psychology.  One of
the three courses in the Series is presented each spring and fall in
Boise, Lewiston, and Pocatello.

	Graduates of the Series may attend the course at the ADVANCED level.
The Advanced class is scheduled in Boise, October 13 & 14 - Advanced
Couple Therapy.

		Time to mark your calendar for the ISIP Annual Conference - March 2 &
3, 2007.  You can earn THREE hours of Ethics, included in the two-day
conference - no extra charge.

The following is from the text "Discipline Without Tears" by Rudolph
Dreikurs and Pearl Cassel, copyright 1972.  Hard to see that much has
changed.  More on encouragement in future ISIP-NEWS.

"Our education today is largely mistake-centered.  Our children are
exposed to  a sequence of discouraging experiences, both at home and at
school.  Everyone points our what they did wrong as well as what they
could do wrong.  We deprive our children of the only experience which
can really promote their growth and development - the experience of
utilizing their own strengths."