INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:26:19 -0500
James Ruggles
A Universal Language Formed on Philosophical and Analogical Principles
Cincinnati: M'Calla and Davis, 1829

Available as a scanned PDF (6676KB) from a copy in the University of
Michigan Libraries at http://books.google.com (search on Ruggles, James).
Something of an oddity, with a vaguely volapükized Latin-derived
vocabulary. There are several substantial specimens of text near the end
of the book. Most of the pages are legible, with only some blemishes here
and there. There is also a physical copy, which I have seen, in the Rare
Books and Special Collections Reading Room of the Library of Congress in
Washington, DC. Kessinger has made available for purchase a reproduced
copy, although I don't know what the quality of the reproduction is.

--
Paul Bartlett