INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Kleiweg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:00:30 +0200
I apologise for posting this message in English to two mailing
lists in Interlingua. My skills for active use of Interlingua
are still limited, but I think the more experienced people may
find this message useful.

I managed to create a dictionary and affix file for ispell in
Interlingua. Ispell is the standard program for spell-checking
on Unix, and is also freely available for other platforms. More
on ispell at:

    http://ficus-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell.html

I extracted most of the words from the IED and added "Addenda al
lista de martio 1997 del vocabulos de Interlingua" from Piet
Cleij. There are 26668 words in the dictionary, which with all
recognised derivations comes to 67465 words.

I experimented with affix rules for word formation such as
described in the Interlingua Grammar. After only adding a few,
the number of words with all derivations run onto the million.
Many of these forms don't even have a meaning, so I decided to
skip them. If you happen to run into one of these derivatives
within ispell, a single keystroke suffices to add the word to
the dictionary.

The dictionary can be found at:

    http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/interlingua/

(Would someone care to translate this page into Interlingua?)

Please let me know if you notice any errors.

I added some words that were not derived from the IED, but were
mentioned in a grammar. Could someone please check these are
correct?

illas   illos   los
mi      tu      su      lor
mie     tue     sue     lore
mio     tuo     suo     loro
mia     tua     sua     lora
mies    tues    sues    lores
mios    tuos    suos    loros
mias    tuas    suas    loras
iste    ista    isto
ille    illa    illo

--
Peter Kleiweg [nl,en(,ia,af,de,da,no,sv,fr,it)]
http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/