INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Kleiweg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 00:41:24 +0200
As soon as my dictionaries and grammar arrive, I will start
posting in Interlingua. That's a promise. But for now...

I added Interlingua support to LaTeX. I created a file with
hyphenation patterns, and wrote an interlingua.dtx for Babel. If
you add these to your LaTeX distribution, you could put this
line in the header of your LaTeX file:

    \usepackage[interlingua]{babel}

and all captions in your document will be translated into
Interlingua, and hyphenation will be correct (more or less).

The necessary files can be found at:

    http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/ialatex/

The translation file will hopefully be added to future
distributions of Babel. The hyphenation file will be put on CTAN
along with the other hyphenation files, as soon as it has a more
definite form.

For now, the hyphenation patterns are just a first attempt. I
tested it on a text of several pages, set in two narrow
columns, and it seems to be working fine. However, I'm sure
there is much room for improvement. When I created the list with
hyphenated words that was used to generate the patterns, now and
again I had to guess what the proper hyphenation was supposed to
be. And with a list of more than 70.000 examples, silly mistakes
are bound to happen. I put the list up on the website, so if
anyone feels the urge to have a look, and give me some feedback,
please do.

--
Peter Kleiweg
http://www.let.rug.nl/~kleiweg/