INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mario Malaguti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:12:52 +0100
De parte de un pigrissime traductor ab le anglese!
Le thema me place, totevia io jam faceva le fadiga de leger in le Britannica
iste articulo:

Akkadian language

also spelled ACCADIAN, also called ASSYRO-BABYLONIAN, extinct Semitic
language of the Northern Peripheral group, spoken in Mesopotamia from the
3rd to the 1st millennium BC.

Akkadian spread across an area extending from the Mediterranean Sea to the
Persian Gulf during the time of Sargon (Akkadian Sharrum-kin) of the Akkad
dynasty, who reigned from about 2334 to about 2279 BC. By about 2000
Akkadian had supplanted Sumerian as the spoken language of southern
Mesopotamia, although Sumerian remained in use as the written language of
sacred literature. At about the same time, the Akkadian language divided
into the Assyrian dialect, spoken in northern Mesopotamia, and the
Babylonian dialect, spoken in southern Mesopotamia. At first the Assyrian
dialect was used more extensively, but Babylonian largely supplanted it and
became the lingua franca of the Middle East by the 9th century BC. During
the 7th and 6th centuries BC, Aramaic gradually began to replace Babylonian
as the spoken and written language; after that, Babylonian was still used
for writings on mathematics, astronomy, and other learned subjects, but by
the 1st century AD it had completely died out. Scholars deciphered the
Akkadian language in the 19th century.

Akkadian, written in a cuneiform script developed from that of the
Sumerians, contained about 600 word and syllable signs. The sound system of
the language had 20 consonants and 8 vowels (both long and short a, i, e,
and u). Nouns occurred in three cases (nominative, genitive, and
accusative), three numbers (singular, dual, and plural), and two genders
(masculine and feminine); the feminine was distinguished from the masculine
by the addition of the suffix -t or -at to the stem. The verb had two tenses
(past and present-future).

In 1921 scholars at the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
began to compile a standard dictionary of the Akkadian language. By the
1990s most of the 22 planned volumes of this dictionary had been published.

>From: Jay Bowks <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:19:02 -0500
>
>Accadiano es un del plus vetere linguages semitic, le qual esseva usate
>per longissime etate (ca.  2500 to 500BC)

Anonymo!