GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:27:09 EST
Sidibeh:
I look forward to your submission this weekend.

However, my take about this whole situation is that just like you talked
about credibility, there comes a time when a govt. through its actions proves
that it is unfit to lead a nation or a group of people.  Unfortunately, the
APRC, by its past record which we all know very well, have shown that they
are indeed unfit to rule.  They have shown that they are extremely
inefficient and unqualified and as such, they are not to be trusted.

Let me give you an example of how close minded and inept this regime is; the
State House website is a complete disgrace.  It is an album site rather than
one along the line of other state house websites which list initiatives govt.
are taking as opposed to dealing with personalities in pictures like our
state house site.  With all the hoopla about infrastuctural developments,
there is no mention of how foreign loans are being spent in developmental
projects.  There are no details of any concrete developmental plans this got
is embarking upon.

In the final analysis as pertains to this matter of infrastructural
developments, there is an alarming lack of literature anywhere which allows
us to see how the loans we get are being spent.  Not only this, but there is
no debate as to the wisdom of embarking on some of these projects.  This type
of informational exchange that I seek is IMO a basic requirement, and because
of the this administration's prior record, I think we should be very careful
before succumbing to the 'bedazzling' phenomenon that so many of us succumb
to.

Best regards,
Yus