GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 13:10:48 +0100
                                  Jammeh's Tribalism and Power Grab: What is going on?
    BY ASSOCIATE EDITOR, MATHEW K JALLOW  They call it the National Assembly  But, I call it the biggest joke of all time.  The People's House; now the house of Jammeh  The APRC puppets; dancing to Yahya's golo music  I scratch my head; but I still cannot understand  The powers to dissolve; one more nail in the coffin  You don't know what you gave up; stupid  Until Marshal Law blanket our dear land  For there goes our country's Birth Right  Ten pieces of silver is all you got for it; ndey san  Now we are all as good as dead  And Constitution now torn to shreds; Hei Yalla
  JAMMEH'S RUBBER STAMP ASSEMBLY
  It is evident that Yahya is planning to rule by Decree at the slightest hint of trouble for his hated regime. This Constitutional Amendment essentially gives him the powers to do just that. But, what is mystifying to me is why the National Assembly, the  peoples representatives, would simply roll over like dogs and relinquish their powers and authority to Yahya Jammeh? Is it just fear or is it something else? I just cannot get it. Whatever the reason, it is clear that this is like putting a weapon in the hand of a protagonist who is seeking to do harm to you. Now, nothing will stop Jammeh now that he does not have the Constitution to restrain him. It is open season on our rights, and believe me Jammeh has not begun to deal his real hand yet. We will likely see more damage done to our country and its people in the weeks and months to come.     A Jola musical group; deep in the heart of Casasmance  And a medal of Honor from State House's inner sanctrum  Who can explain this
 mystery; this ain't right  An honor bestowed; just for being a Jola  A bush Jola from deep inside Casamance  Then I hear the names; and a bell in my head rings  The Abdou Badjies, John Bojangs and Mohamed Gibbas  Good Gambians all; but in their silence they tell a story  A Jola connection; that is hard not to see  Open tribalism now; and the rage growing in our hearts  It feels like the Terri Kafo all over again  Yahya's tribalism; a recipe for another Rwanda     It is hard to believe that press and responsible citizens are not speaking out against Jammeh's blatant tribalism over all these years. The Jolas have held a disproportionate number of high profile jobs within the civil service, and when this is measured against their number of less than 10% of the population, it borders on the ridiculous. Every Gambian Jola has the same right to hold any position they are qualified for, but when the cards are decked in their favor irrespective of their qualification and in
 disregard and the exclusion of other tribes, this is an invitation to war. Jammeh is not, I hope thinking that people are just sitting there and not seeing the games he is playing with our lives. We are alert, and we read your every move and action no matter how benign it is.     Elected by the people; now suspended by Jammeh  They call it democracy; and I call it lunacy  Our Constitution now smeared in our faeces  Banjul's mayor elected; not Jammeh selected  Hard to believe how much shit the people can take  I see all the idiots; that empower Jammeh in his ways  There is one at Justice; call him Shiekh T Hydara  Another one at Assembly; Churchill Baldeh  There was one called S.M.Dibba; now he is gone  Then the tail wagging dog; Saja Taal I believe  Don't forget the griot-in-chief; Fatou Jahumpa-Ceesay  Every dictator has his enablers; they work to ruin our beloved Gambia     Clearly, Jammeh has always acted beyond the powers that our Constitution allows. This could only
 happen if the National Assembly and our Judiciary who have been missing from action over all these years do nothing. Jammeh has encroached into the powers of both these branches of government and gotten away with it that and now there is nothing to restrain him. The fact that Churchill Baldeh still thinks that Jammeh can be prevented from doing what is right for Jammeh, clearly shows how niave or stupid he is. Churchill Baldeh will be in for the surprise of his life; perhaps soon. When Jammeh no longer needs the National Assembly members to hold on to power, he will show his true colors. As far as Jammeh is concerned, he can only be faitthful to one person;Susan Waffa Ogoh.     In other things, Casamance rebels taking refuge in The Gambia can only mean one thing; that Jammeh is in collusion with the group. It is a humanitarian thing to do to offer them medical treatment, but The Gambia has no business harboring the group and enabling them to go into Senegalese territory to
 commit acts of terror. But, there is an interesting dynamic that could be at play here. There are speculations that Jola elements from Casamance have infiltrated every branch our security forces to act as a deterrant against any possible uprising. Rebel fighters, it is believed, will join Jammeh loyalists to try quell any military or popular uprising against Jammeh's regime. That does not bother me the least, because I have seen what weapons in the hands of Gambian ndongo boys can mean. The army boys supporting Jammeh should take note that when the people have weapons, you better get out the our way. We do not wear military uniforms, but don't you ever think that we are cowards. In conclusion, any one who loves our country should join the effort to stop the carnage and the torture of our brothers. We must get rid of Jammeh or else we will plunge our country into the darkest period in our history. There is nothing standing in the way of a Martial Law regime now. It means
 arrests, imprisonment or summary executions without the benefit of judicial process. Jammeh will be the Law, his word will be the Constitution, and it is he not the Assembly House who will speak for the people. Scarry to think, isn't it?

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  3.92                        Rating:   3    MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO BLESS JAMMEH AND THE HUMBLE GAMBIANS, AND MAY ALL THOSE EVIL WHO DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THAT PERISH            Rating:   5    GAMBIAN WALFAGIRI THANK'S FOR ENLIGHTENING US THANK'S            Rating:   2    our man have suddenly turn into a monstar because of power. Take you time April 10th and 11th is still fresh in our minds.            Rating:   3    MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO BLESS JAMMEH AND THE HUMBLE GAMBIANS, AND MAY ALL THOSE EVIL WHO DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THAT PERISH            Rating:   5    freedomnewspaper is the best the people are listening and reading your paper good jobs pa and crew            Rating:   5                Rating:   5                Rating:   3    matheu dont mind this jammehs dogs and his donkeys they all fuck there mothas,wewill bucher them bastads            Rating:   1    Mathew Dolo mindaa. Shame on a drunkard fool like Mathew hiding behind the shadows. We
 know all your secrets fool, just give us a time and we will soo            Rating:   5    It is by his lack of wisdom that Jammeh will score against his own. He is finished.            Rating:   5    very good            Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい