GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 16:54:21 -0500
Congratulations to the Scorpions for the 3-2 win over Mali!

----------------------------
Burkina Faso overcome Ghana
By Mohamed Fajah Barrie
BBC Sport, Banjul

Burkina Faso kept themselves in the hunt for a semi-final spot at the
African Under-17 Championship in the Gambia with a 2-1 win over Ghana.

The Burkinabe took the lead in the 10th minute when Ghanaian defender
Jerry Akaminko deflected Francois Yameogo's shot past his own goalkeeper.

Four minutes later Burkina Faso got their second goal as Marius Sibdou
Kiema headed in Alain Sibiri Troare's corner.

Ghana got back into the game in the second half and got a consolation goal
in the 80th minute as Opoku Agyeman fired home from the penalty spot after
the Burkinabe captain Yameogo handled the ball in the box.

After the match the Burkina Faso Coach Piouhri Webonga told BBC
Sport: "I'm satisfied with boys performance and I think we deserved to win
because we dominated the match."

"We are looking forward to our next match which is crucial for us to reach
the semi-finals."

The Black Starlets coach David Duncan however was disappointed that his
side failed to win.

"I'm disappointed because we didn't win and I have to admit that we did
not play well play as was expected but we'll try to improve on our game
for the next match."

The result means that both sides have three points from their first two
matches.

The final games in Group A are on Friday and see Burkina Faso playing Mali
and hosts Gambia taking on Ghana.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/africa/4534927.stm

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい