GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:12:48 +0100
From: uga479
To: P'loreng'a Neko-yat ; [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 10:59 PM
Subject: ***DP Victory; the implications.

1)

" I mean, he can begin his second tern all
   over again!!"

2)

Now, if the 2001 elections are to be affected, don't we see Mu7 seeking for a fresh mandate to compensate for the loss? I mean, he can begin his second tern all over again!!

3)

Can somebody in the legal fraternity, or anyone with good grip of this matter nurse my curosity very promptly!.

P'loreng'a.

Ejakait,

I am neither in the legal fraternity, nor  do I have any good grip of this matter.  My simple observation is that M7 has no choice.  If he does not want to leave peacefully, the way out will be very narrower for him and his supporters than it already is now..

We have children who have been made, produced, grew up and some of them maimed, raped, starved, etc in an open space - the so-called "Safe Houses" - and for almost 20 years now.  Those we looked upon to sympathise with this inhumane situation terribly turned deaf ears and blind eyes to our plight -  they chose the gold/diamond - that is where they had all their eyes wide open.

We have children who have been and continue to be denied equal rights to education, health services, infrustructure, etc - schools/hospitals turned into kraal or camps - all these systematically done.  Why do you make me say all these obvious things.

Where things have reached, it is just a matter of time - the people have to get their dignity back - ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!.

Any and all peace-loving Ugandans should strive to see that the Museveni/Rwakitura Dream is brought to an end peacefully.

Let him try it, and Oh! Cry! Cry! My beloved Country, Cry!!

Best regards,

Nyar'Onyango