GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:00:52 +0100
1)

"The Minister of State for Economic Monitoring, Mr Omwony Ojwok, told MPs on Tuesday that declaring northern Uganda a disaster area would have dire implications."

2)

"If we do that, we shall block funding from the international community," he said.

*********

"Several MPs on Tuesday broke down in tears during the debate on Saturday's massacre in Barlonyo camp in Lira."

"They wept during the plenary session as Mbabazi tried to explain away the massacre."

Peace-loving Citizens,

How can this man call himself a Minister - a people's representative, or even a human being when people have been maimed, raped, tortured, and masscred for the last 18 years and the situation is escalating by each -  they have been living in appalling situation - in the open day and night for 18 years, and alll this so-called minister is thinking about is money!!!

Best regards to all,

Nyar'Onyango