GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:15:25 EDT
Saul, thank you for your vivid depiction of these vermin. Reading your piece
made my blood boil. One thing I can never stand is ungratefulness /
disloyalty. They all belong before a firing squad facing the barrel of the
gun. You are darn right about not giving ground to bullies. The only reason
I gave Darboe that option was because I know how reluctant that man was to
get involved in politics and how easy it is for these animals to murder
Darboe and get away with it. Believe me brother, like you, if I were in
Gambia, I will not give Darboe that option because I will be side by side
with him marching to Kanilai to get rid of that monster. If I were convinced
that his people would be 100% behind him, I will never ask him to go
underground. I counseled him that in the same spirit Nelson Mandela and
Oliver Thambo went underground. Not as an act of cowardice, but a tactical
move in the face of a loose canon like Yaya. That is why I also called upon
his people to take the goats (not even bulls) by the horns. From the reports
am seeing, although Darboe supporters are trying very hard to secure his
release, they do not seem prepared to go the extra mile and demand that
these bogus charges be dropped and Darboe and all his supporters be released
forthwith, without conditions attached. Apart from Darboe supporters, you
have other opposition members even questioning the justification of the
execution of that Njie reptile.  News of Darboe's impending release are
welcomed. But his supporter should not rest on their laurels. They should
attack the high court if Pap Cheyassin Secka attempts to file murder charges
against Darboe and his supporters. Thank God I did not know these Jobes.
Despicable characters. I hope people will learn from your piece that we are
dealing with cowards of the highest order. I can volunteer any day to
vapourize these people. The days of the Jobe brothers are numbered. When we
catch up with them, they will wish they never heard of the name Yaya before.
In conclusion, I join you in again calling upon the UDP people to stand up
for their leader.
KB