GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:37:50 -0700
Mr Ambassador:

    Now that you are feeling how we felt when the Gambian Gov't ordered the
killings of innocent kids; may I ask you 'is it humane or even justifiable'?
You dare ask us if it is right to be threatened with death just for
expressing your opinion? What about those innocent school kids who were only
excersing their natural rights; for justice to be done to their fellow
students? Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of any form of violence
against you or any other living being, Gambian or otherwise.

    I assume your conscience tells you that, when those kids kissed their
parents on that Monday morning and left for school, they left home as
innocent as angels. However, they were killed by Jammeh's ruthless troops
who were only follwing orders from their unruly Commander-In-Chief, Dictator
Jammeh of Lawless Gambia.

    Have you ever sit down for a while and think about how the families,
friends or even total strangers felt, losing their innocent, loved ones
through first degree murder? Just think about it. Essa, this is the best
time for you to see how much harm that your boss and those who are out there
to defend his every move just to secure their posts, have done to the
Gambian people and to themselves. Such people include yourself and the
Devilish Propaganda Chief, Ms Fatou Jahumpa, some members of the security
forces and those irresponsible civil servants. I'm sorry if you are just
realizing your ID, its just that, I think Jammeh alone will not be held
responsible for all whats going on. People like yourself will one day face
the consequences.