GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joko Forster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:00:23 -0400
Mr. Sidibeh,
Your contribution to the Tourism Masretplan debate is appreciated. I
observe that you have raised some issues with the swot presentation and
specifically mention that the grouping of the analytical tool into two
parts, i.e putting strengths & weaknesses together and putting
opportunities and threats in a second/seperate grouping is out of place.
You may wish to note that swot is an analytical tool; an appraisal system
to critically diagnose an entity or a planned entity that is yet to be
created. Since each entity has its own peculiarity, there is no hard and
fast rule as to how the analysis is presented, as long as it follows the
general rule of sequencing, consistent with the accronym. Besides, the main
thrust for identifying weaknesses is to become aware of them with a view to
avoiding them so they do not become an impediment to the enterprise (or
endeavour). similarly, identifying the threats also is for the same reason.
You must remeber that you cannot do much the inherent weaknesses that may
exists, other than to avoid them. So too are the threats. The fumdamental
reason is simply that time and cost may make it prohibitive to want to
undertake corrective action, and a value for money audit may not also
conclude in favour of correction. I think Mr. Nyang's work is professional
and a masterpiece. My only observation is that he was too kind with the
Bumster issue and the perception of The Gambia as a sex-tourism
destination, with a noticeable shade of paedophilia. Thank you all for the
useful exchange.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい