GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:39:44 -0700
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:26:34 PDT
From: christina welander <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [wa-afr] Garfield´s computer revamping group

For anyone interested in contacting my brother Kjell Rye or my niece, Linnea
Rye about their work with bringing and installing computers in various
countries their email address is [log in to unmask]
So far he is using peace corps volunteers and help from alaska airlines
cargo planes to bring computers to various african countries. Again, he is a
teacher at Garfield High School (robatics) and the kids there put together
old computers and then travel to various countries around the world to help
install them. He has basically been working with rotary clubs around africa.
They are travelling to Ethiopia this september, but their work also includes
plans to Gambia, Ghana enxt yar, Cape Verde, (just finished Malawi), and
Eritrea. Anyone with contacts on transportation either freight or flight, is
encouraged to contact him.  Donations for computers are welcome and
naturally volunteer help.
The website for the school is shut down over the summer but he is very
active in setting up contacts within the country.
I am considering hooking up for the Ethiopia trip if I can swing it and
maybe if I get sponsorship. Im sure he would love to hear from anyone, he
has a lot of fingers everywhere.
Thanks again!
Chris Welander

Spending too much calling friends all over the world? Join beMANY!
and pay less each month.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4259/12/_/23029/_/962162798/

Next meeting Wed., June 28, 7 PM, Garfield Comm Center, 23 and E Cherry, Seattle, see web site for details.  To post a message: [log in to unmask]  To subscribe sending a blank message to [log in to unmask]  To unsubscribe send a blank message to [log in to unmask]  For complete information on the Washington State Africa Network visit: www.ibike.org/africamatters