GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:01:01 +0100
From: Elum Aniap Godfrey Ayoo
To: [log in to unmask] ; Edward Mulindwa
Cc: [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 10:47 PM
Subject: President knows Ugandans well

President knows Ugandans well
For quite some time I have been reading many articles about what is happening in Uganda, especially with respect to the so called 'Third Term'.

I think people should give Mr Yoweri Museveni a break.

For all the time the President has ruled Uganda, he surely knows the people he is leading. One thing he knows is that Ugandans, unlike Kenyans and Tanzanians, can be violent.

There is no single chance that Ugandans are going to let Museveni rule for life. Museveni knows that once the Constitution is amended, many Ugandans questioning his intentions shall resort to all sorts of means to topple him.

The whole country; east or west, south or north, shall definitely respond to Museveni's greed for power.

I am very sure that the President knows this and he is planning to retire in 2006. I don't think Museveni can be so naive as to seek to hang on after that. I wish him a happy retirement in 2006.

Noah Kiwanuka,

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] ,
[log in to unmask] , [log in to unmask] ,
www.radiorhino.org ,  www.upcparty.net

"And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, 'When will you be satisfied?' We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities (.) No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream". (Martin Luther King, 1964 Nobel Peace prize laureate, assassinated for his struggle)