GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:04:54 -0700
Ous,

Job well done. I hope many more people, especially those on the ground, will
follow your initiative and talk/write or even shout at the MPs to remind
them of the importance of their obligations. Gone are the days when
representatives will only remember their voters during election campaigns.
From a different point of view, i'm thinking, to what extend can we as a
people go to insure that the big "dirimo" is removed from office when it
comes out to be that he did actually mastermind this whole crude oil scheme?
Yes, a parliementary commission can conclude that he is resposible, the
constitution mandates that he can be impeached. Is there any possibility
that this "dirimo" will bow out gracefully in the event of an impeachment? I
say, the chances are slim to "nada", none, no way!

We might have to get ready to do some "dirima buffoo" in that bunker at
Dobong.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to anyone,via e-mail. Free & secure.
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu