GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:48:38 +0000
Bamba Laye
Good try, but if my nephew's professional films will land yours in the
dust bin. The episoud is a good laugh, but remember, Prince Sankanu
touched on serious stuff, taboos, sensitive untalked about subjects.
He will have an ally in Aunty Amie Sillah.

Well what do we know, there we have two people who can make our days
go fast. We need an escape sometimes in the struggle, and Laye and The
Prince can provide that, we will love it.
Prince Sankanu explain his ambitions and he also eloquently
highlighted the stumbling block of the project, which the obstacle of
our great man, H.E.

But I believe Gambia L have enduring fellows who can have answers to
that issue if only they can open their sealed lips. Dr Jammeh want to
be a change man some are saying. He is looking for opportunities to
reinvent himself. What about 'a Sankanu Production' capturing the good
side of Dr Jammeh and ignoring the evil side and then send the trailer
to GRTS, and also allow the DO praise singers to review it.
There is the answer, Jammeh will run a maraton with joy. He will duly
invite the Film Maker and have a fitting grand celebration.
But also, Jammeh is said to be fun of brother Galleh, he is said to be
puzzle all the time about Galleh's unique style of communicating.
Therefore, I will suggest Sankanu explore the possibility of Galleh
fronting the negotiations.
If all else fail, we can turn to the political strategist in Moses
Jeng. He can with his experience broker a deal between Diaspora
dissidents and the Proffessor. The Gambia Film Village can use Musa
Jeng's utility to open up things.

But it may also be that, Jammeh doesn't have any beef with Prince
Sankanu, all he wants is somebody to shout high and mighty how
beholden he is, that is all.

SInce Money is not the problem, let us film lover lend our hand to our
brother. Freedom radio can have a program with the Prince on plans and
wishes for the Gambia. Jammeh does listen to Freedom. He may just say,
yeah I like what I am hearing. But at the end of the day, Prince's are
said to be brave and gallant, I back Sankanu to land in the Gambia in
the right time.
Good luck.
Suntou

--