GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KangKangBa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:24:23 -0800
Minteh,

Baba Jobe deserves all that he is going through today. He was the worst of of all of them. Like all other detainees before and after him, his mobile should have been snatched since the very first day he was detained. What goes around 'does' come around.

Sankaranko

Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
----

OPTV has just received the news that Baba Jobe's mobile telephone was
snatched from him because he was receiving calls while in detention.One of
his close friends(name with held) was called at the NIA and questioned over
a call that he made to his buddy.Baba Jobe's rights as a human being are
being trampled upon by a mad man who until few months ago was using Jobe on
every aspect.
According to sources the NIA said that none should call Jobe because he is
in communicado.Halifa Sallah raised the issue at a working dinner or forum
they held with the British diplomats some time back.Halifa and his
colleagues should be supported by all and sundry to fight against such
injustice.So Baba Jobe is being jailed before the court's ruling? When I
refer to the blatant nepotism some of us turn their mouths on me calling me
a tribalist.I am not tribalist and never will I entertain it.I do speak
Fula,wolof and Mandinka fluently.My home Town Fatoto is full of families
that are what we call mixture.Pointing out Yahya's side of the story and
comparing his figures to the real situation does not make one a
tribalist.Then does that mean talking about corruption makes one a corrupt
person? I am not a triblist and do not encourage tribalism in any way. I
live in a very diverse country and culture for that matter.People of this
civilize world regardless of race, gender, social background, religion,
gender are the same and we should all love one another and live peacefully
with one another.The Gambia has been destroyed by Yahya's tribal card and
that is what I am warning people to be mindful of,if not another Rwanda is
in the making.No doubts about that.

Why should Baba Jobe,Lang Conteh and others be treated like mice and then
Kujabi the one who ordered people to steal Jawara's generators is still
working as a commissioner? If that is not tribalism and blatant nepotism
then what is it?
Yahya according to sources(these days) keeps on beating his chest saying
that he will provoke all those Jarankas and see who dares face him?!!! This
is true because his own boys say it in the open.Yahya has to be very very
careful because the way he is operating is stinking and when the smell
becomes uncontrollable he will certainly die before the poor Gambians.
No one can see The Gambia today and ignore the fact that Yahya is playing
the tribal card.What other means should we use to make him see that without
refering to what he is doing? Even the Senegalese media are reporting on
Yahya's tribal tendencies.If anyone is to be warned against stopping being
a tribalist it is Yahya himself.
Infact Yahya does not even represent the decent Jolas,he represents the mad
ones.He the very Yahya went to Badibou telling people at Iliasa that he is
Jammeh like them.
That was before the so-called false elections! After the meeting Yahya went
into his open and stinking pajero saying that these badibunkas think(in a
very sarcastic way) that the surname Jammeh belongs to them.He laughed and
said that he was only using that strategy to fool them.Immediately after
the meeting many elders were arrested from that vicinity.Sources have
revealed that Yahya has assigned special armouries to areas like Badibu in
case of an uprising some day.His orders are clear,that every soul from that
end should be crushed when they intend to rise against him.That is why Lalo
Jaiteh was dragged to mile two and Alhaji Kanteh disappeared.Kanteh will
resurface and join OPTV to get the hell out of this sick regime just wait.
This is no exaggeration!! Yahya says these things because we get feed backs
from those who are close to him.Yahya is the most vulnerable so-called
president when it comes to leakages around his stinking state house.Even if
he urinates people know about it within seconds or while he is on the act
itself! He Yahya himself is a loose canon so what would the guards do other
than help him spread his madness?
Yahya's tribal tendencies are based on two things;greed and trying to
mystify himself.
Look at the way he recites incantations on video cameras and then rubs his
dark palm on the heads of those losers who dance for him every day and
every night! This man is so sick and he seriously needs help.
Well let people revisit Yahya's speeches and see where he was condemning
those griots at the McCarthy Square.He was so rude that some elders sneaked
and went home.Did Yahya not dissociate himself from anything that had to do
with the history of Mama Tamba Jammeh? Ofcourse yes! Yahya thinks that he
dropped like a rain droplet when we all know that he is nothing but the son
of a wrestler,period.
It pains me so much when I see people trying to cover Yahya's behind by
attempting to speak decency in the middle of stinking warambas!
BABA JOBE'S MOBILE SET SNATCHED AND THOSE WHO CALL HIM THREATENED

Why should the NIA tribalise Baba Jobe's case to the extend that they
arrest only his mandinka folks and then allow him to talk to other
friends.The NIA plainly stands by what mad Yahya says because he is the so-
called SOS for defence.
Believe me Gambians are the most tolerant people on earth.Anyway if Haiti
of all places can catch flames then OPTV knows something and God also knows
that thing.
Was Haiti's president not brought back by external forces? Well when the
people spoke everything turned the other way round.The USA and other
democratic countries only listen to the people and not one mad man.Yahya
cannot see the light because he only believes in his stupid dreams and
witch craft.

NIA should allow the courts do their job and return Baba Jobe's mobile
set.Why is Yahya so scared of Jobe?

Binneh S Minteh
New York University
NYU.EDU