GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:51:28 PDT
Essa Thomas, you wrote:

>Latjorr, I read thru your objectives and strategies but ...
>
>My suggestion is to start a Gambian Organization that would require all
>members to pay dues which would in turn be used for our services. I am
>talking about an organisation represented by a physical office >(not
>someone else's "salle").

Obtaining a 'Gambia House' was stated in the paper.
Section 6. Operational Functions:

The need for the establishment of a secretariat for work to be done and to
begin the initial steps of launching the association and the fund raising
event during ALD was noted.

Participants expressed the need for the establishment of a "Gambia House" to
house the secretariat of the association and to provide space for meetings,
conferences, seminars,training, social gatherings etc.

>I would start by getting with the dept. of state and then the federal
>branch on a national level.

Of which country? Gambia? U.S.? For what purpose(s)?
Latjor