GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:45:10 -0700
It has been reported in the papers that our so-called parliamentarians have
decided to vote out the motion presented to them by the minority leader to
set up an investigative comittee for the Crude Oil allegations against Yaya
"Dirimo". This is a clear manifestation that these "representatives" (i
don't think they deserve the title) do not have the interest of The Gambia
and it's people at heart. This, indeed, is very discouraging for an aspiring
democratic society.
Who else are we going to trust if the people we elected in office are
negligent of their obligations to their electorates.
I suggest that anyone who has the information, to make available a complete
list of all representatives who voted for or against the motion. This list
should be published by all news outlets in the country and outside so that
the people can know who to trust come next election (if there is any????).
It is an implied obligation for the news outlets to make this information
available to the public. It is our right to know who does what in the house
of "representatives".

I have to cut this short folks cuz my emtions are high now. But I sincerely
hope that news papers in the Gambia, The Point, Foroyaa, Independent and all
others will see that it is very necessary for the people to know this
information and all other activities that goes on that house. We want to
know who kicked the motion out. Who voted what?

Ebrima Ceesay, perhaps your sources can do one more favor for us.

Enjoy your day cuz I'm not.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to anyone,via e-mail. Free & secure.
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu