GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:52:26 +0000
Oko, I am never too proud to apologize if I'm mistaken, but when it comes to
matters of national importance, not even blood relations will stop me from
calling it like I see it - equitably.  Oko, I sensed a while back your
partiality to the APRC but relegated it to your human right to free
association.  However, I take issue when you disguised your task as
nonpartisan when most of your comments had partisan leanings all over it.
Don't get me wrong, you are free to discuss anything you wish and if that is
not Joe's cup of tea, then that is Joe's problem.  I also took issue with
you when you tried to slickly inform us about that facade of a Monument
unveiling by Baala J, amid a lot of noise by you.  You also knew very well
that the 1981 event was brought about by Kukoi but made it a rallying point
of distraction any time someone mentions the April Massacre.  But, as you
promised, I will just hang on for you to get back with me.  We are here
because of Gambia and the exchange should be viewed as such.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Cultural Agenda/Joe
>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:33:11 +0100
>
>Joe wrote::
>It is evident that Oko is a mouthpiece of Yahya. This is wrong? Cuddling
>the dishonest. we shall forever be valnarable to snake oil salespersons.
>You should not point a finger on me and tell me what you think. Are you
>sure of these remarks. Respect bro. I think that this is not fair. I see
>all and I read all.
>I will be back with you.
>Oko Drammeh

>Joe Sambou wrote:
>
>>Badou, thanks for this info. I am not able to access the site you n.
>>referenced from work but relying on your assertions, I say we deserve
>>every
>>bit of what we got from Oko, if those pictures support your assertions.
>>Unless we stop dealing with fluff, or buddying up, or cuddling the
>>dishonest
>>because one is a friend, relative, or roaming buddy, we shall forever be
>>vulnerable to snake oil salespersons. When Oko came from Gambia, he said
>>zilch about the suffering of our people but started by eulogizing Ngagga,
>>which is fine and normal. Then he proceeded to distract us with the Afdie
>>bit, not telling us that he was appointed the "Cultural Ambassador" of
>>the
>>Gambia. He crowned his act by telling us about the "Mass Grave Monument"
>>that Baala J (another snake oil salesman) was unveiling. It was Sidi
>>Sanneh
>>who broke the news to us that Oko was appointed the "Cultural
>>Ambassador".
>>Unless one is in denial, it was evident that Oko was a mouth piece for
>>Yaya,
>>but he had his backers amongst us. He had been distracting us about the
>>First Republic for the longest and saying zilch about the countless
>>murders
>>and thuggry of the APRC. Anytime someone said something about the April
>>Massacre, he flew from no where to remind us about the 1981 lawlessness.
>>Folks, we need to tell each other the truth.
>>
>>When the news broke about prostitution and Gambia being the sex haven for
>>tourists/pedophiles, he came swinging and drowning out anyone that was
>>willing to explore the validity of those assertions. Yet, he told us
>>he was
>>not involved in politics. Who was he kidding? Who among the likes of OKo
>>that cuddle up with Yaya that Yaya has not used, from Che Yassin Secka to
>>Tijan Ceesay? None. Folks, we scream about Yaya surrounding himself with
>>Jolas, however, a closer look reveals that there is also a very very
>>thick
>>layer of Banjulians around him and we can do the math for the willing. We
>>have taken greed to new heights. Going back to his "Mad Dog" reference of
>>malcolm X, may be this will give him an opportunity to kill both the
> [...]

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/