GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:34:18 -0500
YAHYA HAS BEEN FINISHED BY RAWLING'S LATEST.

After reading Ndey Jobarteh's informative piece I became very very
happy,because it was a direct answer to Yahya's lackeys on line.
JJ Rawlings testifying and he is the mentor of Yahya Jammeh and his
gangsters.
Yahya adored Rawling's red beret and the military jacket so much.After
stealing power, he gave an order that it was only him (sometimes AFPRC)
council members or the original gangsters, who were allowed to wear those
faded berets they had.
Look at Yahya's pictures then and compare those to Rawlings and then tell
me where he was trying to form the fool of himself again?
Anyway after a while Rawlings chose to be nearer to Singhatey. Rawlings
certainly prefered Edu because we all know why.
Yahya and Rawlings were not in talking terms after JJ realised that he was
dealing with a mad man! Rawlings used to insult Yahya face to face.Yahya
tried by all means and then used late Abacha to make peace with JJ.If
Yahya sees Rawlings his heart palpitates because the guy ridiculed him
like a monkey.
For Jerry Rawlings, Yahya is nothing more than a kilimanjaro baboon,period.
At least Rawlings came at a different era,when the cold war was
boiling.His mistake was that he decided to stay and out lived his fame and
success.Between two evils logic chooses the lesser one.So if I were to be
given the chance to put both Yahya and Rwalings in jail I was going to
sentence JJ for a lesser period.Why? Rawlings has certainly committed
crimes against some Ghanains that are unforgiveable but the man in the
first part of his reign showed hs true colours.I am not saying that
Rawlings was not corrupt but Yahya's level of corruption supercedes
Jerry's by far. Here we have an intelligent (maybe a wicked man for some)
who led Ghana through tough times and then messed himself and the country
up to a certian extent that it diminished all the good he did
before.Rawlings should have stayed out of power at the early stage.
However,Ghana's economy(resources,per capita income etc etc) is far ahead
of Gambia's.With all that Yahya can buy Rawlings!
Anyway history will punnish Rawlings and he has started feeling the pain.
He abused power and killed many for flimsy reasons,that was very bad and
he will know that God exists.

There is some real danger that lies ahead as far as the stability of The
Gambia is concerned,when it comes to Rawlings revelations.       JJ's
revelations will spread beyond Ghana and Gambians should encourage Ndey
Jobarteh to be following it with keen interest. Samuel Sarr was 'little'
in Yahya's crude oil saga.If the truth and reconciliation process in Accra
touches on economic crimes then that will be very very good! Rawlings
knows every rat that mad Yahya attempted to use or used within his
territory.Territory here means Ghana and the circles that played with
Rawlings.Rawlings maybe very wicked but a more talented player than our
mad man when it comes to the art of delivering his ideas.He may jump over
a lot of hurdles unexpectedly because politics is made that way.Ghanains
have brave and intelligent people who used law and order to revisit
history and then pin Rawlings down at the end.He had no other option but
answer to t! he commission.Please remember that this is Ghana and not
Gambia under a mad man! Rawlings at least was pushed by those very strong
minds and became part of a process that encouraged his people to organise
elections. He left his former VP run against Kufo,ofcourse Kufo won with
flying colours. Whether Rawlings was compelled by forces or whatever,he at
least heeded the call and called it quits without resorting to
madness.Many people saw that as a laudable one for one reason or the
other.He knew that he could not stand against the whole of Ghana and
left.That is what some of us call intelligence.
In The Gambia we have a mad man who stole power in a very very very cheap
way,at the same time warning opponents during the 1996 and 2001 false
elections that some people were never going to be allowed to rule The
Gambia! The archives are there for his cronies to see.
The most difficult thing is trying to defend a mad man and that is what
sad people like Alieu Sanyang and Tom Boy are attempting on line.
Tombong makes me laugh some times when I see him trying to ask me
questions regarding my connections with Baba Jobe? Tombong Yahya can help
me answer to that question! If your lackeys were here saying that Yahya
made a second Lt etc etc how can you in turn come and ask me my
reltionship with Baba Blood Diamond Jobe(as Kebbe Dampha puts it).Tombong
my relationship with Baba Jobe is judgmental.Every Gambian is saying the
same thing when it comes to Yahya's style of hiring and firing or I will
create one for you now,ie using and dumping.Tombong however much you cling
on Yahya will swing his mad sledge hammer on you again.This time it will
be hard and fatal please listen to Ams and run away.People like Ams maybe
your nightmare but you very know that Ams is well informed too.
Tombong my relationship with Baba Jobe is not like your own biiter
relationship with the former US embassy Visa officer in Banjul.There is no
competition between me and Baba Jobe or Yahya.Mine is bent on judging the
criminals including that lackey you are trying to dissociate from,who is
Baba Jobe.Is it because Baba has become rotten meat within your circle
that is why you are trying to throw him away to some of us?Yes OPTV needs
Baba Jobe so bad because it will make our job easier.I need him very much
around here send him over.Are you not the one who pounced upon Sarr when
he disowned Baba? Now you the very snake trying to indirectly grill
Baba.You very well know that if you associate me with Baba means your
dracula having a chance to suck the blood that runs through his veins
once for all.
Tombong you should be last person to spit on others in an international
forum like this one.Keep me in mind because I will come back with the disk
that has  everything about your funny AMRA,raffles,tyson matches and then
finalise on the role you played in the Fatima Jabby beauty contest.This
time if I hammer you Isatou Njie Saidy will not  be able to save you from
Dracula Jammeh.

The danger that lies ahead in The Gambia is being brewed by Yahya and his
cronies,because Yahya does not see beyond his wet and smelling nose.Yahya
would prefer  sending the funny GREEN BOYS to face the angry civilians who
are about to protest because bread and rice are un affordable,than resign
or run away.
Waa Juwara has said it again,that the APRC are tearing themselves up and
at the same tearing one another into pieces.Could anyone of us here have
imagined Tombong disowning Baba Jobe at this stage?
Is Tombong still organising marathon matches with Yankuba Touray(laugh)?
Ofcourse not!
Tombong my relationship with Baba stems from what you,Baba and Yankuba did
to our people.Please adress Ebou Waggeh and the former US diplomat's
issues (who was posted to Niger or some where)before I come back. Are you
sure if your own former in-laws are not preparing OPTV for a stronger case
against your shameless self? OPTV will not be personal but your close
family(present or former) may have documents that can link you with Baba
Jobe and Yankuba more than me the run away coupist(as you all loosers call
me) and refugee!

Binneh S Minteh
New York University.