GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essa Sey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:09:49 -0700
 EL. M. Fye,

      Thank you for being truthful on the issue  OF our "origins".  Mr.Fye you are one of those who oppose but i have never! never! attacked you because your position is understood as far as i am concerned. You also have the right to CROWN your two EBOUS on line as valuable! I have no objection to that because in politics one has to expect such.So please leave others also. to  put me in the same position as you've been confident enough to 'classify' your 'beloved' EBOUS ON LINE SIR.

I am convinced that we should love each other but sir,love and diplomacy are based on RECIPROCITY! In one of Njaga Mbye's songs he said:" let no one say he or she is the best because 'kuné am na ku laye saf!".

Sir, any one has  the right to oppose the gvt.(as you are doing) but that shouldn't be based on SUBJECTIVE FEELINGS.I do not need to teach you what the french call "savoir vivre"  because you are far older than me.

Sir, you claimed to have relatives in kuntaya  and i am from there....  thats true and ofcourse there are people in kuntaya who oppose the gvt.Thats pure democratic culture SO MY PROBLEM IS NOT BEING OPPOSED WHAT I AM FIGHTING AGAINST IS WHAT YOU HAVE READ IN MY PREVIOUS ARTS.

Nevertheless,i will respect some of  your advices(because traditionally my home culture taught me to respect elders) therefore as an elder on line you deserve that from me. WITHOUT DOUBT my political stands  remain the same sir. Excuse me for being so so principled in what i believe and may allah bless all.

ESSA BOKARR SEY.

Elhajj Mustapha Fye wrote:

Mr.Essa Bokar Sey,
I hope you did not get us wrongly,about the whole issue.Your coming from
Kuntaya
or somewhere else in the Gambia is countless.All Gambians should respect
one another,for what they are and what they can,irrespective of
ethnic,race,religion,
educational background or wherever he/she comes from.We respect your
feelings
but please,for God`s sake,come to the main issues we want you to answer.

We have relatives at Kuntaya and we know that,they have a history of
saying the
truth without fear in the Gambia.You are our brother.We have nothing
against you
because we know that,you are just doing the dirty job assignment for our
brutal
dictator,just like others in that system of hiring and firing.
I don`t think there was something lyrical on Ebou colley`s stories on
the G/Bissau,
Casamance and Libya issue.He jumped in with facts,when he read the
apocryphal
stories about the issue from your department,to show the whole world the
incredulity of the stories.I know,it is your duty to protect them but,it
is also difficult
to defend something that you don`t know.
Our two EBOUS ( Ebou Colley & Ebrima Ceesay ) are very credible and
accurate
with their informations.I really credit these Guys,for their patriotism
to the Gambian
people.I don`t know them but i am always making special prayers for
them.
Ebou Colley ( the military expert ) has predicted exactly these kinds of
catastrophe,
which happened these past days.
Gambians are really fed up and frustrated with this agent of evil.He has
embezzled
our economy,stole our donations,took our properties,insulted our
elders,put our
brothers and sisters into exile against their wills,disgraced our
families,deprived people from their rights and was neglected by our
peace loving people.But now that,
he is killing us,all patriotic Gambians are ready for him.One of our
list members
called him the cancer of our land but he forgot the "chronic"to call him
the
"chronic cancer".
I was very happy to see a lady who preached us here about the situation
back home,to believe that God made all this.She is correct because we
all know that,
this butcher is a burden to the Gambian people.I think,Gambians has
proved
( surah 2:verse:286 ) by accepting the burden and by neglecting him on
all sides.
God has not given licence to anyone,to kill your fellow human beings.We
are pushed
in a corner and the real time to respond to Yaya has come.He believes
that,killing
us will frighten us from his brutal actions.The inhumanity he has
brought to the Gambia has frightened our parents,who will always say
"Ndogal li yalla la"
( The act of God ).
I could not understand your differentiations from the soldiers and the
civilians.
Could you kindly educate me here?I think,the soldiers are married to
civilians and
they are our brothers,sisters,fathers,mothers and sons.I really don`t
know our
difference.Everyone has the right to support whoever you want but,let us
not loose eachother for the interest of this agent of evil.May God guide
us to the truth.May He
pardon us.May he protect us from evil.( Aameen ).THE BUTCHER MUST GO!
Elhajj Mustapha Fye
To our Teacher.