GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Modou Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:26:39 EDT
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

" ... And finally, if Ebrima sent his posting about quiting the list a la
Jawara '92, then he's going to be in big trouble with many people! If
he sent a threat to take himself off the list just to see how many
"please Ebrima" postings he'll get, I would like to say that we all
should then descend on Birmingham and beat the guy up! I'm sure it
won't come to that, unless of course, he insists that he will leave the
list."

Katim,
The above paragraph sums up how I feel about this issue. I followed all the
postings leading to Ebrima's threat to leave the list. I did not see anything
that warrants him to leave. If Ebrima is indeed of the journalistic calibre
that we have come to associate with him, then he should be able to handle
those exchanges with ease. Otherwise I must conclude that either he lacks the
stuff that makes a good journalist or, as someone has already stated, he needs
some 'ego reduction therapy'. If the latter is the case, then I hope the
numerous "please Ebrima" postings have massaged his ego enough for him to
stay. I too want Ebrima to stay. But I aint saying "please"!

best regards,
Modou.