GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 01:08:12 +0000
Folks,
We thank you all for your tremendous show of solidarity in connection with
efforts to free Mr lamin Waa Juwara. Please be rest assured that Waa shall
be informed of your patriotic solidarity, and we have no doubt that it will
serve to augment his resolve to take on the A(F)PRC regime. While we crave
for your indulgence, we hereby preomise you that we will use your excellent
suggestions, among others, to design appropriate action.
With regard the thrust of our statement, we wish to assure you all that it
is in consonance with the persuation of Mr Lamin Waa Juwara himself. As a
nationalist politician, he desires us to put the solution of our national
predicament before his personal convenience.
With regard Pa Manneh(the prexy of NDAMS youth wing), the forces of misrule
continue to harass him in order to emasculate our operations. After his
reaction to Hon FJC'S scathing remarks on Waa, he was instructed to present
himself to the police. When he did so , he was asked why he had not been
reporting to them. Pa reminded them that their original instructions to him
were that he should go home and that if they need him , he would be called.
They then asked him why he is making public statements. Pa informed them
that there was no gag order on him and that it is his constitutional right
to make public statements. He was then allowed to go home.
However, we are convinced that this is part of a conspiracy to silenced the
opposition orchestrated by the A(F)PRC regime. But we shall not  give in,
untill the people of the Gambia enjoy their constitutional rights and
freedoms.
We thank you all for your support.
THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES!
Omar Joof.