GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 07:30:49 PDT
Brother Camara:

I join you and others in saying "thanks" to Katim Touray for all the
invaluable services he rendered while he was in charge. In my view, in
general terms, Katim did do a very good job for all of us, and I wish to
take the opportunity to wish him success in his new endeavours.

As for Momodou Camara, I am confident that he'll even live up BEYOND
expectations. I know that for a fact, because I am also on another list
(GESO) which is being efficiently run by Brother Camara!

Sisters Awa, Ndey & Soffie: Gambia-L, I have to say that these are Sisters I
have the greatest respect and admiration for, and I am more delighted, that
than they are now part of the management of Gambia-L. Let's all give them
some applause and, of course, not forgetting Sister Sarian Loum who has been
a list manager(ess) for quite a some time now.

Sarian & Tony Loums: I was thrilled to be told that Remi Carayol, the
successful Gambian-British entrepreneur, is actually your first cousin. By
the way, I have been having a very schedule of late, and likewise Remi
Carayol. But soon I'll interview him and share his experiences and business
savvy with the L, especially the two of you, being his first cousins.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK

PS: Omar Drammeh in Norway:

Are you there? Well, football...football...football!! The European Soccer
Championship is almost here; so your thoughts! By the way, BBC CEEFAX or
Teletext reported yesterday, that both Frank Lobeouf and Gianfranco Zola
would be leaving your team, Chelsea, this Summer to join NAPOLI of Italy.

It seems some of the big named players would be leaving Chelsea this Summer.
French Captain Didier Deschamps is likely to leave Chelsea and Marcel
Desailly is, as I write this piece, being linked with a move to Manchester
United.

Manchester United want a top class defender for next season and, as a
result, they tried to buy England defender Sol Campbell, but his Club
Tottenham Hotspur, are not willing to sell him (Sol). So Manchester are now
trying to get Desailly. In fact, Desailly's agent, Pape Diouf, did confirm
the other day, that United approached him for Desailly.

Chelsea did buy the former Leeds striker, Jimmy Hasselbank, for £14 million
pounds the other day; so most likely Chris Sutton would also leave Chelsea
at the Summer. Sutton couldn't even make the England Squad for the European
Championship. Jimmy Hasselbank was also not picked by Coach Frank Rijkaard
in the Dutch Squad.

By the way, Chelsea Manager Vialli wants to buy Finidi George of Nigeria who
had a poor season in Spain, but his club, Real De Betis, are asking £3
million for Finidi which is a lot, according to Chelsea.